Our mission is to create relationships with underrepresented students from marginalized communities. Our goal is to educate them on social issues that affect minority communities. Through exposure to other identities--including socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, race, and ability--we aim to build a coalition of empowered youth who will create change. We hope to guide them on the right path in high school and help them prepare for a Post-Secondary education.
- Being more socially and politically aware
- Exposure to outside communities (diversity)
- Post-Secondary planning, What comes after high school?
- Youth Empowerment of marginalized communities
- Learning to articulate thoughts amongst a diverse community
- Learning to dialogue.
The program is focused on reaching out to high school freshman and sophomores from various high schools near the Ann Arbor Area. The outreach program has had their initial program April 2017 with Fordson High School and Cesar Chavez Academy High School, there are more opportunities to come. Stay Tuned!